Script to Screen Final submission (Plus some stuff I haven't uploaded)

So for this project, I was given a figure skater, a zoo and a briefcase and told to make a 2 minute story and animation around them. My initial ideas revolved around a heist, where some eco-terrorists would hire a retired figure skater to be the getaway man, since it would be set in a place inspired by the canals of Amsterdam.  Research into this flagged up conspiracy theories from PETA and other such organisations that claimed that zoos preform experiments on their animals, quoting that a law passed in this country that stated those preforming experiments on animals needed permission to do so only if the experiment was considered invasive. These sites claimed that this was up to interpretation and horrible experiments were still carried out. However this idea was shot down instantly and I had to rethink.
What I came up with was a story of a fox that performs stunts at a zoo and is it's star attraction, until a new show comes to the zoo, an ice skating penguin, and replaces him. The Fox is like I imagine most stunt men, cocky and very full of themselves, always craving attention. The penguin is a fan of the fox, that is her reason for coming to the zoo in the first place. With the fox's shows being replaced by the penguin's, the fox takes drastic measures to get back his popularity. This takes the form of him preforming a stunt no man or animal has ever survived, called The Last Day of Work. This stunt requires the performer to be wearing a suit and using a briefcase to surf down a ramp, jump off the ramp, open the briefcase and letting the papers fly out, before landing and the papers falling around him like confetti.
In terms of backstory for these characters, I was thinking the fox was one in a long line of stunt animals at this zoo, each one teaching the next and passing their knowledge down through notes in book (sort of like in The Half Blood Prince, where Harry finds a potion textbook with notes detailing the correct way of making potions). This is why he is so desperate to hold onto his position as the main attraction. For the penguin, I had in mind that she was part of a competitive figure skating team or something and has recently retired and has started making more showy performances. 

Overall, I think this project was tough. We had to do quite a lot of stuff in a relatively short amount of time. But it was a enlightening experience. I have learnt that I need to listen to feedback more instead of doing something completely different, and I need to stop adding things onto my work (especially after the OGRs).
(Also I will be taking my stunt penguin character into another animation if possible) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Premise Script V1- Draft

@Alan - Proposed new story- Minor