Character Design- The Machine!

While I was half way through drawing out the environment for my scene, a medieval lab, I was able to have a chat with Justin. He saw the giant machine that dominates the scene and said that I should design it as if it was it's own character, using the same ideas I designed my character with. He also said it would look great if it was bent over slightly, as if it was top heavy or as if it was designed by an absent minded individual.




I am very happy with the way this came out, although I think I overdid it with the riveted metal. The main idea behind this machine is that its an all in one smelter. Ore goes in at the top and it spits out metal bars in the quenching tank at the bottom. I thought I'd add a bit of magic into my story, in the centre of the machine is an ever burning fuel source. I figure if in the world it is possible to make gold, why not more things? I think it makes sense for an absent minded character would have something like this, how many times would they forget to ignite the forge? I would be a good idea of his boss to make sure that doesn't happen so he has a steady supply of gold crossing his table.
Anyway, I intend for this machine to be ridiculously huge, perhaps the reason its bent over is because the room is too small for it, or maybe it's just falling apart because our great alchemist forgets to carry out routine maintenance on the machine.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Premise Script V1- Draft

@Alan - Proposed new story- Minor