Major- Reflective statement

Despite all the problems that have occurred over past few months, I feel that I have learned a lot.
The Major project is the only project we have done without anything going on alongside it, the other projects always had something else happening at the same time. It was nice to concentrate on just the one thing, I felt that I could put more time into this one thing instead of splitting between multiple projects and completely different things. It made me think what would happen if we had other projects where we could concentrate on just that project. 

I think everyone will be mentioning that the Coronavirus has affected their work. When it first started I didn't want to come in, mainly due to the fact we are stuck in the same room all day and that the train is always packed when I come in and when I leave. I didn't adjust to working at home too well, having everyone in the house led to more than a few arguments and stressful situations, plus I work in a supermarket so I still had to go to work and deal with all of that stress too. Because of this, I spent days working too much, missing meals and not pulling myself away from my desk, and days working too little, spending the day in bed or too exhausted from working my job to do work. There was also a death because of the virus that affected myself and my family.

In terms of the work, I enjoyed the book and thought I explained my thoughts and feelings about it well. In some ways I wish I started this project during premise. I would have liked to animate one of the stories alongside having the ship, specifically the one with the aliens turned into disks or the killer "robot" one. Going forward, I might revisit this project now that I'm (for lack of a better term) free. I'm happy with what I've made and I feel that I would like to continue along the line of prop design and the creation of scenes rather than characters. There is also another set of adventures within the whole 'The Star Diaries' cannon, as well as a few book referencing the main character in some way. I wasn't able to get a hold of these books for this project, but it would have been better for my own research if I could have got my hands on them.

Looking back, I feel that I was rushing to finish. At the time, I remember thinking that I only have x amount of days/weeks left to finish so I would try and speed through things just to tick them off a list. Working at home didn't help, I'm sure everyone would say the days blended into one, making me think I had less time.

All in all, I think this was the best work I could do considering the circumstances.  


   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Premise Script V1- Draft

@Alan - Proposed new story- Minor