Minor Project Submission Aims- Laying out my thoughts


Before making a full submission document, I wanted to put my ideas up on here so I can look back at them when I come to make a proper submission document, and so I can get another perspective on how viable my aims are.

Overall, I am aiming to create an animated short, with the idea in mind to turn this into a kids show in the future. If the animation works on its own, it should be possible to turn it into it's own series. While I'm not planning to include things like series wide story lines, other side characters or a possible villain, I am thinking of these things in the background as they could be include in an Art of Document as other ideas for the future (mainly so I don't forget them, but also so people can see them)

For the Minor submission, I would like to have the models of the two characters finished with their textures complete too. I would also like to have a good majority of the rigging done too, however I don't see myself having it 100% complete. I also need to have the sets complete too, as I recall the previous Third years mentioning that we should be animating by January.  As of the current version of my script I will need sets for the main classroom, in which most of the story takes place, a Storeroom, a Library and the outside of the castle for an establishing shot (however most of it will be a matte painting so that all of my time isn't spent on modelling a castle). There is a lot of clutter in the classroom, I should be able to model the sets relatively quickly as it doesn't look too complected. The character models are a different story however, I attempted to model them over the summer but my turnarounds were not right. In between doing my animatic and other things, I have gone back to the clay. My logic here is that if I can make the clay model look right, I can use it as my turnaround. This is mainly for the head, as the body should be easier to make it look correct. I would also like a character bible made for the submission too. I came across this book called the Voynich Manuscript, which is a book filled with drawings and writings that are yet to be deciphered. It is said to be filled with knowledge of plants, astronomy, cosmology, medicine, as well as recipes for presumably potions. It also features drawings of things that seemingly don't exist as well as strange symbols. Including these features might make for a cool looking character bible. I'd like to make my character bible, as well as other documents, in this style because I think it fits the setting of the story.



So, I aim to have completed for the minor:
- An Animatic
- Character models, textures and turnarounds
- A Character bible ( or the start of one )
- Sets (UVed)
- Castle exterior matte painting 

I should consider making this into a full, presentable document soon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Premise Script V1- Draft

@Alan - Proposed new story- Minor