Major- Spaceship designs

After looking at the construction of cars from the 60' and 70's, I have redesigned the spaceship to look less art deco.

I looked at the shape of a few cars, the FSO Polonez [first image] and the Polski Fiat 125p [second image] specifically, drawing the shape of the car at first and trying to make a spaceship out of it. I didn't get too far this way so I decided to play around in 3d instead. I made the shape of the car's body and started to manipulate it, stretching, flipping, and generally messing around with the shape until I found myself with something that feels to me to be more of a sci-fi spaceship.





New Spaceship



I will now use this model as a base for adding on the details to make it look like an actual spaceship


While I was in maya, I did have an experiment making the ship more asymmetrical. I was shown these crazy Polish movie posters which got me thinking that maybe the ship should be a bit weird too. However, I think they might be more helpful when it comes to designing the interior as my intention for the ship is for it to be a standard spaceship inside the the main character has decorated to make it more homely, since they seem to spend quite a lot of time in there.


Also, these are the movie poster for Raiders of the Lost Ark and Return of the Jedi, I think they look amazing.


  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Premise Script V1- Draft

@Alan - Proposed new story- Minor