@Alan @Phil Premise Proposal Ideas- Post 4(?)

Character Design follow-on :
Since I am having trouble coming up with an interesting idea, I thought I'd go back to my character design project. I eventually came up with a handful of different variations on the original idea.

Documentary/Interview of Alchemist as well as others in the same building (i.e his Boss that profits from the alchemist's absentmindedness/stupidity, A customer of the alchemist shop, ect)

Modern day Alchemist, which I thought could be a guy that makes drugs that he believes are potions and magic elixirs. There was an episode of American Dad where the son goes to what he believes is the American version of Hogwarts, but it's actually a meth lab or something similar. It would be nice to design it based on what the alchemist thinks he's seeing and have it reveal in the end that he was actually in a drug lab. Might not be a suitable topic to do because of the issue of drugs and exploiting someone for personal gain, but I think it would be an interesting twist for a sort of delusional or idiotic alchemist.

Alchemist is a bit like a squirrel, burring his gold in his garden or somewhere nearby for a rainy day. BUT he always forgets where he buries it and has to make more. Perhaps this is a tragic tale, he spends every day making gold and hiding it away only to forget about it. I was also thinking it ends with someone digging up their garden and finding the gold.


With all these ideas, I would love to build The Machine I designed. It was this huge, rickety machine that shakes and jumps around while in use. Depending on the setting I would need to redesign or evolve the design of the machine so it would fit with the setting and what he will be making, i.e glass tubes and more cleaner materials if it's a more modern setting or a more junker look if its some kind of drug lab.



In terms of other ideas, I tried using a random list of character traits that I made by asking people for a few and putting them into a randomiser online. I did a couple of these and thought they could all work as part of a nightshift crew, because they all looked a bit weird and from my experience, only the weird people do the nightshift. I don't have many ideas for a story for them, I would imagine that something would happen at the start of the night and they have to sort it out before the night is over. Again from my experiences, a lot of things happen on the nightshift. Things often go wrong, things aren't done in the day and are often left to the nightshift to work out. The most frequent thing that happens is things break and need cleaning up, or there is a deadline for the more boring things needing to be done.

Comments

  1. Trap Door
    Count Duckula
    Dangermouse

    Either animated short or monster of the week TV show (eg Trap Door/ 5 minute show)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Premise Script V1- Draft

@Alan - Proposed new story- Minor