Minor Reflective Statement

If I could sum up Minor simply, it would be "I wish I started sooner". I felt like my summer wasn't the most productive as others, and then when we came back I felt like I had been putting in work in the wrong places at times. I think the lack of a solid story with a solid ending was part of that, once I had that sorted I felt like things were picking up. However this was hampered by being bogged down with the flu over christmas, but I bounced back just before new years.

The main issue at the moment is modeling the characters heads. The amount of detail in the head is proving difficult even though my characters are relatively simple. Props and the start of the sets are proving to much simpler to put together and design.

Through this project I think I have found a ideal role I could fill, that being prop design. I feel more confident designing and making props than I do with characters, especially human characters. Should my Minor fall short and result in my project being halted, I think a project on props would be more my speed, an idea for talking books springs to mind as something to look into.

Hopefully I am able to complete my models soon, the level of animation I have is relatively small aside from lip syncing, but I should not bank on it being so and procrastinate.

All in all, I should have started earlier however I felt that I have worked hard, especially in the last month, hopefully this drive stays with me for the next few months because it would put me in a good place.

Comments

  1. Films / TV:

    Silent Running
    Space 1999
    Space Station 76

    Books:

    70's Sci-Fi Book Covers
    Ron Cobb

    Game:
    No Man's Sky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also.... Chris Foss (Book Covers)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Premise Script V1- Draft

@Alan - Proposed new story- Minor