Major- Current Status and Clarity

Currently, I am planning to make 3 rooms for my film: the cockpit, the Treasure Room/study and the Engine room. This is because I found them to be the more interesting rooms on the ship that have a lot of potential to be visually interesting. Of the three, I think the engine room will be the least interesting at the moment, so I may drop it to focus on the others. I'd also like to make the ship for an opening shot showing it off.

Although these are just rooms, I am planning to animate parts of the scenery, such as having things bounce around in the cockpit, or the Treasures Tichy has taken from his adventures still moving or coming to life.

I don't anticipate my film being too long. In my mind I envision it being a shot looking around the room and a couple shots looking at the more interesting parts of the room. I would also like to have something at the start of the film saying that this is my interpretation of the character, I had considered a voice over throughout, reading quotes from the book and adding my own thoughts and imaginings as the camera looked at things. I'd want to do the voice over myself, as these are my thoughts on the book and not anyone else's. I will endeavour to have some kind of voice over written as all that is going on may be over by the time it comes to hand in and present.

In terms of rendering times, I'm looking to use a combo of painted textures and materials to speed up the render process. Where I can I will use materials as they render much faster than painted textures. However, I do know that I will need a fair few painted textures, especially in the treasure room. I will, when I am able, make an update of my render times as well as if it would be possible to render at home in any capacity.

As it stands, I am currently modeling the cockpit in Maya and are designing the Treasure Room when my hands ache from modeling. I am slowly getting used to the fact that we have to work from home although, like almost everyone, it's starting to take its toll on me.

Comments

  1. Can you add 'all design/maya work' to the post. You can PDF it if necessary.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Premise Script V1- Draft

@Alan - Proposed new story- Minor